I recently ran across and bought this old classic devotional called A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie. I had never heard of this little gem before. It is divided by 31 chapters for each of the 31 days of the month and has two pages for each day, one entitled Morning and the other Evening. Sort of like Spurgeon’s devotional called Morning & Evening. Each day has a morning prayer and an evening prayer that serves as an aide to your prayer time along with a blank page on the left so that you can write down your own prayers and intercessions to be prayed along with it.
Oct 17 2010
- 1John Andrew Murray Audiobooks Bad Relationships Bible Study Books Children Christ Confession Dance Darkness death Devotional Eternal Faith Father Fear God Gospel Grace Idols J.I. Packer Jesus John Baillie Life Love Morning Path Plans Poetry Prayer Presence Priorities Purpose Relationship Relationships Ruth Sin Spiritual Growth stories Teaching Testimony Trust Valley of Vision Way
- Our Never Ending Story
- Sharing Our Stories
- The Fellowship of the Unashamed
- Dealing with Death’s Debris
- The Saint Must Walk Alone
- Stepping Heavenward
- Captive or Captivated?
- What Are Your Favorite Devotional Books?
- Free Audio Bible
- Abandoned By God
- The Waves and the Wind
- Wasted Bread
- A Baby Born in Bethlehem
- Sit Still, My Daughter
- Overflowing with Favor
- Can This Be Naomi?
- What Happened?
- Ruth – A Scout’s Report
- Anticipating Ruth
- Vintage Church: Timeless Truths and Timely Methods by Mark Driscoll
- Life Together: The Classic Exploration of Faith in Community by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Life That Wins by Watchman Nee
- When Sinners Say ”I Do”: Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage by Dave Harvey
A Quest for Godliness: The Puritan Vision of the Christian Life by J. I. Packer
Voices From The Past – Puritan Devotional Readings by Richard Rushing
Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices by Thomas Brooks
- Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret by Howard Taylor, Gregg Lewis
- Found: God’s Will (Find the Direction and Purpose God Wants for Your Life) by John MacArthur
- Hannah Coulter: A Novel by Wendell Berry
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis